Module 1: An introduction to Software Defined Data Center and vSphere
- Organisation of physical data center
- How vSphere fits into the virtual infrastructure
- An introduction to virtual machines and software-defined data center
- What are ESXi and the vCenter Server?
Module 2: Creating Virtual Machines
- Introducing the virtual environment
- virtual machines
- virtual machine hardware
- virtual machine files
- Recognize the Virtual Machine files
- Describe Latest VM hardware and its features
- What are types of virtual machine elements?
- VMware Tools™ and PCI pass-through Introduction
- An overview of Direct I/O and remote direct memory access
Module 3: An overview of vCenter Server
- Explain architecture of vCenter Server
- vCenter Server Appliance deployment and configuration
- How to perform backup?
- Restoring vCenter Server
- Use of vSphere Web Client
- An introduction to HA architectures and new vSphere authentication proxy
- Navigating and accessing new vSphere client
Module 4: Virtual Networks configuration and management
- An overview of standard switches
- virtual switch security and load balancing policies configuration
- Differentiate between vSphere standard switches and distributed switches
- An overview of virtual switch connection types and new TCP/IP stack architecture
- How to use VLANs with standard switches
Module 5: Virtual Storage Configuration and Management
- An overview of storage device types and storage protocols
- NFS and VMFS data stores creation and management
- An introduction to vSAN and VMFS 6.5 new features
- What are ESXi hosts and guest file encryption?
Module 6: An overview of Virtual Machine Management (VMM)
- How to use cloning and templates for deploying new virtual machines?
- Upgradation of virtual machine hardware to version 12?
- Use of customisation specification files to Customize a new virtual machine
- Creating and managing virtual machine snapshots
- Changing, cloining and handling virtual machines as well as vApps
- Removal of virtual machines from the vCenter Server inventory and datastore
- Performing vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Introduce the kinds of content libraries
- How to deploy and use content libraries
Module 7: Handling resources
- Explain virtual CPU
- An overview of virtual memory reclamation techniques
- An overview of virtual machine over commitment and resource competition
- Resource pools configuration and management
- Explain CPU optimization methods and memory use
- Creating and using alarms
- Resource pools deployment
- An introduction to expandable reservations
- How to apply changes to resource settings
- vApps creation, cloning and exporting
- How to use vCenter server performance charts?
- Use of esxtop for the analysis of vSphere performance
Module 8: An overview of vSphere HA, vSphere Fault Tolerance, and Protecting Data
- Introducing vSphere HA architecture
- vSphere HA cluster configuration
- vSphere HA cluster management
- Use of advanced parameters of vSphere HA
- What are capabilities of cluster wide restart ordering
- Describe vSphere Fault Tolerance
- How to mainten vSphere Fault Tolerance interoperability with vSAN
- Explain vSphere Fault Tolerance virtual machines enhanced consolidation
- What is vSphere replication
- Backing up and restoring data using vSphere
Module 9: An introduction to vSphere DRS
- Explain anti-affinity and affinity rules
- What are new capabilities of proactive vSphere DRS and what-if analysis?
- Describe vSphere DRS
- Explain functions and benefits of vSphere DRS cluster
- vSphere DRS cluster configuration and management
- What are VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy capabilities?
- What is VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI?
- How to use vSphere HA and vSphere DRS?
- Explain vCenter Server embedded vSphere Update Manager
- How to perform preemptive actions to prepare for CPU or memory changes?
Module 10: An overview of vSphere Update Manager
- An introduction to new vSphere Update Manager architecture
- Managing ESXi and virtual machine
- Explain vApp patching with vSphere Update Manager management
- How to install vSphere Update Manager plug-in?
- How to create patch baselines?
- Scanning and remediating hosts
- Managing host configuration compliance with host profiles