COBIT® Foundation Training
What is COBIT® Foundation Training?
One of Datrix’s courses which is recognised worldwide, COBIT® Training is an extremely useful and valuable course found in the workplace. COBIT 5 stands for Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology and includes several components which can easily be used to a company’s advantage in the workplace. The COBIT® course, since it is foundation, is ideal for those who are a team member within an organisation and who wish to be introduced to Change Management. The course was first launched in 2012 and since then has grown into a course which is beneficial for so many people in the workplace and is definitely worthwhile for anybody who is in a company who wishes to gain fundamental skills on how to manage change in the workplace.
What does the COBIT® course include?
Over the course of two days, delegates who are taking the COBIT® training course will learn a series of skills. They will provided with thorough knowledge of the course during their first day, given to them by experienced trainers who are of a very high quality. Candidates are then expected to retain this knowledge and apply it to the exam which they will take on the second and final day of their course.
The exam, as it is foundation, is multiple choice and is a closed-book exam, meaning that textbooks/workbooks are not allowed. Delegates will have a timeslot of forty minutes to complete the exam and there are 50 marks available. 50% is the pass mark for the paper.
There are several topics contained in the course which are the following:
- COBIT 5 major drivers which develop it
- The benefits which a business has of COBIT 5
- Architecture of the COBIT 5 Product
- IT management issues that have an effect on enterprises and The Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- COBIT 5’s 5 Key Principles
- How the processes and PRM (Process Reference Model) of COBIT 5 aid the creation of the 5 key principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- How awareness is formed with Senior IT Management and business executives
- How the current state of Enterprise IT is a company is assessed
- Fundamental concepts for the new Process Assessment Model (PAM) and the implementation of COBIT 5
- The aspects of COBIT 5 and how to scope which ones would be suitable to implement.
What are the benefits of taking this course?
The benefits of taking the COBIT® course are:
- Providence of globally accepted principles, techniques and tools. These are all not only recognised by employers when applying for careers in the workplace but are also very widely valued in organisations by existing employees and team members.
- Gives individuals the ability and skill required to make decisions which are sensible and informed so as to reduce information security issues.
- Understanding of a COBIT® based approach to the relationship of governance to its IT top practices.
- Delegates can gain knowledge on the importance of a framework which is very useful and effective to ensure that business value is enabled.
What are the benefits of COBIT® training in a classroom?
- Online, delegates may not experience the feeling of peace and quiet which is obtained from a course which takes place in a classroom due to the fact that in the place in which they are taking the course there is no guarantee that there will be a comfortable, quiet atmosphere. With classroom courses, training can be carried out in a comfortable environment which contains minimal distractions, meaning that they are more likely to gain their qualification of COBIT 5 Foundation.
- During the classroom courses, candidates will work in groups rather than individually as they would with an online course. The fact that they will be working in groups means that they can share ideas and views on different aspects of the course, enabling them to take in other people’s ideas and apply them to their exam on the final day of the course after the training.
- If delegates take an online course, they will be unable to have a face-to-face conversation with their trainer. However, in a classroom, candidates can talk to their trainers about elements of the course which they do not understand or have any questions about. Also, seeing the trainer’s body language which they are using in real life makes it more clear what they are talking about and whether or not the delegate is doing something right or wrong.
- Taking an online course means that there is a silos between the candidate and their trainer. However, what with a classroom course having human interaction, the silos and tension between them is completely broken and a relationship with more trust, friendliness and understanding is formed between the delegate and the trainer.
What are the benefits of training online?
- With an online course, the time frame in which a course can be carried out is much more flexible for both the trainer and the delegate. However, with a course in a classroom, it is much more difficult for the trainer and the delegate to both have a time frame as space in the locations which the courses are carried out in during points in time is limited. In classroom training, the courses need to be booked a fairly long time in advance to the day in which the training will be carried out.
- Feedback will be given much more quickly and the time taken for the paper to be graded with a classroom course would be longer than an exam taking place online. When feedback takes a long time to come through, the wait can become tedious and may mean that the quality of the course may be lower than what was expected from the delegate.
- When taking a course online, more up-to-date media and materials can be used by the delegate. However, in a classroom, textbooks and workbooks are used which after a few years will be worthless once new material has been added to the course. However, with an online course, the media will be as modern as possible to ensure that delegates will gain more in depth knowledge from their training, and this applies to all of Datrix’s courses.
- It is much cheaper online due to the fact that textbooks/workbooks do not need to be bought. These cost a high amount of money, meaning that classroom courses can be much more expensive. The fact that everything is online and does not have to be in textbook form is also easier for delegates to use as they do not have to constantly refer to a physical textbook.
What are the benefits of training onsite?
- Onsite courses mean that the money would be needed to travel to and from a classroom and the accommodation fees would both be abolished. This means that money can be saved easily and there would be very little problems affording the course in total.
- The course being run online means that delegates will be more focused in their training which is significantly relevant to their company and what skills they feel personally that they have a weakness in and therefore need to work on. Because of this, trainers will be able to highlight the clear strengths and weaknesses of the delegate with greater ease.
- Onsite training means that the costs of training are lowered significantly. The price of each delegate greatly decreases because only the trainer needs to be sent to the site rather than all of them going to a comfortable, high quality building in another place.
- Through the use of onsite courses, a sense of teamwork and team building can be encouraged within the group of delegates. All of the delegates will probably have similar interests and can empathise with each other. Also, the delegates can share ideas during the training which they can all apply to their exam at the end of the course
What are your contact details?
If you need to ask any questions, have any feedback about us, our website or our courses or would like to book a course, please feel free to contact us using the following information:
Email us using the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service department are quick to respond and are extremely helpful, thus giving you the best experience with our company possible.
Phone us using our number: 0800 781 0626. We will answer your call as soon as possible.